|The Position|| ||Requirements|
- Reports to Director Research
- Lead the formulation and implementation of the Research Grants Program strategy in line with the KFAS’s short, medium, and long term objectives
- Monitor the financial performance of activities under the Research Grants Program versus allocated budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly, and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon
- Organize and supervise the activities and work of subordinates to ensure that all work within the Research Grants Program is carried out in an efficient manner which is consistent with operating procedures and departmental policy.
- Ensure that grants have been released to the sponsoring research institute based on agreed upon project milestones as per the signed contract
- PhD in a scientific field with a strong focus on research
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- 10-12 years experience within the research field
- 5 years project management experience
- Experience in a renowned research funding institute preferable
You’re a someone who wants to influence your own development and environment. You’re looking for an organization where you can pursue your interests across functions and programs and become a Catalyst by realizing and optimizing the impact that Science, Technology and Innovation brings to Kuwait.
You are a team player, with excellent communication and self-management skills including flexibility, adaptability, stress tolerance and follow through.