|The Position|| ||Requirements|
- Reports to Director General
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of the Legal strategy in line with the KFAS’s and Legal short, medium, and long term objectives.
- Monitor the financial performance of activities within Legal versus allocated budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly, and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
- Provide legal advice on formulating and reviewing contractual negotiation and documentation; and support managers in the resolution of contractual issues/disputes to secure KFAS’s best interests.
- Provide opinion and advice on the legal aspects of claims related to different commercial matters (e.g. customers, suppliers, vendors, contractors, etc.) with a view to recover KFAS’s rights, minimize liability and reach amicable settlements in line with management’s discretion.
- Master of Law (LLB)
- Admitted Attorney
- 10-12 years experience within a corporate environment
- 5 years at the senior Legal role
- Experience and knowledge in the Kuwaiti legal system and institutions
You’re a someone who wants to influence your own development and environment. You’re looking for an organization where you can pursue your interests across functions and programs and become a Catalyst by realizing and optimizing the impact that Science, Technology and Innovation brings to Kuwait.
You are a team player, with excellent communication and self-management skills including flexibility, adaptability, stress tolerance and follow through.